No products in the basket.
You can’t beat a spooky-looking sausage for a fun filled Halloween tea. Perfect the kids, and we’re sure the big kids will enjoy them too!
Serves: 12-15 | Preparation time: 50 minutes
- 12 sausages (Beech Ridge Farm Free Range Sausages are ideal!) Shop here
- 320g ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
- 75g American mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, (fan 180°C), Gas Mark 7. Cook the sausages in the oven for approx 15 mins until lightly brown all over.
- Transfer to a plate and leave for about 20 minutes until cool. Unroll the ready rolled pastry, leaving it sitting on its plastic wrapping. The pastry should be about 38cm long and 23cm wide (or trim with a knife or roll to this size with a rolling pin if not far off ). Using a long knife or pastry cutter, cut out 38 x 1cm wide strips across the width (so they will be about 23cm long).
- Now, simply wrap the strips around the cooled sausages like mummies’ bandages, leaving a gap near one end for the mummies’ eyes to go on later. Use three strips per sausage. Don’t worry if the pastry strips stretch or break as you wrap, just patch it up and keep wrapping.
- Place them on a baking tray as you go, eye side up. If at any time you find the pastry is getting too soft, then pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes or until firmed up.
- Once all wrapped, brush the pastry with the beaten egg. Place them in the oven to cook for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the sausages are fully cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Using the end of a teaspoon, place two dots of mustard on the exposed sausage of each one to create eyes, or add pre-made spooky eyes sweets (we found these in the local supermarket) Serve at once with the remaining mustard and with a bowl of tomato ketchup for dipping too.
Recipe adapted from Lorraine Pascale‘s How to be a better coook