These amazing Asian-inspired chicken burgers make a great, healthier alternative to the usual beef burgers. Using chicken breast meat, with pickled red cabbage on the side adds an extra kick. Perfect for the BBQ season. If you want to make them even healthier (and still with an Asian twist) erve on round lettuce leaves instead of buns – the choice is yours.
40 Minutes | Serves 4
½ small sed cabbage, very finely shredded
1 lime, juiced
3 tbsp rice vinegar
4 Beech Ridge Farm chicken breasts (skin removed), chopped
1 tbsp ginger chopped to make
Small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
½ stalk lemongrass, finely shredded
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp sriracha chilli sauce plus more to serve
4 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp soy sauce
Round lettuce leaves or burger buns to serve
1. Mix the cabbage with the lime juice and vinegar and season well. Put to one side at room temperature until you’re ready to serve.
2. Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
3. Blitz the chicken, ginger, coriander and lemongrass quickly in a blender until combined.
4. Mix in the sesame oil, sriracha and panko breadcrumbs, and season with soy sauce.
5. Mould into 4 burgers. Put onto a lined baking tray, transfer to the oven, and cook for 15 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through OR cook on the BBQ until cooked through.
6. Serve on lettuce leaves, topped with the pickled cabbage and with more sriracha on the side.
Delicious – enjoy!
Recipe from Olive Magazine