This delicious chicken and chorizo ragu is perfect served with rice or over a lovely jacket potato. Easy to put together for a midweek dinner for the family, and great for freezing .. get batch cooking!
120g cooking chorizo, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tsp hot smoked paprika
80g sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
600g Beech Ridge Farm chicken thighs (skin and bone removed)
400g can chopped tomatoes
100ml chicken stock
1 lemon, juiced
Jacket potatoes or rice with chopped parsley and soured cream to serve.
- Fry the chorizo over a medium heat in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish for 5 mins or until it releases its oil and starts to char at the edges.
- Add the onion and fry for 5 mins more or until soft. Tip in the garlic and cook for 2 mins before stirring in the paprika and sundried tomatoes.
- Add the chicken thighs and fry for 2 mins each side until they are well coated in the spices and beginning to brown.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock, and turn the heat down. Cover and cook for 40 mins until the chicken is falling apart and the sauce is thick.
- Stir the lemon juice through. Serve by piling spoonfuls of the ragu into hot jacket potatoes or over cooked rice with parsley sprinkled over and a dollop of soured cream – yum!
Enjoy now or freeze the ragu to enjoy a quick meal later in the week(s)
Recipe taken from BBC Good Food.