WOW! Now here is a flavour packed chicken, perfect for your Mother’s Day roast. Simply but stunning.
Cooking time: 1hr 30min | Serves: 8
1 dessertspoon Italian herb seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large Free Range Beech Ridge Farm Chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Mix together the seasoning, salt, mustard powder, garlic salt and black pepper. Put to one side.
- Squeeze the juice of the 2 lemons into a small bowl and mix with the olive oil and the spice mixture.
- Put the whole chicken in a 23 x 33cm baking or roasting dish. Rub the inside and outside of the chicken with the lemon and herb mixture drizzling any remaining mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 and a half hours (or until juices run clear) ensuring you baste the chicken several times with the juices to ensure succulent meat.
- Serve the traditional roast way with fresh vegetables and roasted potatoes, or lighten things up with a fresh green salad and fresh bread. Also lovely with a crisp, citrusy Sauvignon Blanc 😉