No products in the basket.
A true classic. Chicken livers are delicious, healthy and make the perfect autumnal quick dish.
- 500g Beech Ridge Farm chicken liver
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g butter
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tbsp marjoram
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tomato
- 4-5 finely sliced bacons (for smoky taste)
- 1/3 glass of white wine
- 2 pinch of salt
- Parsley to garnish
- Gently wash the chicken livers and remove any fat.
- Slice in half and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Cut half of the onions and slice them.
- Finely slice the bacon.
- In a big frying pan, heat the oil and butter and add the sliced bacon, fry until golden.
- Add the sliced onions and stir fry for a minute or two until tender.
- Reduce the heat and add the chopped tomato and the chicken livers.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5 mins. (being careful as the livers can splash if they are wet!)
- Add the coarsely ground black pepper, wine and 2 tbsp of marjoram. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- You should now start to see a stew in you pan. Turn up the heat again and stir a little and let it thicken a bit.
- To check if the livers are cooked, piece the livers with a knife, If no blood comes out from it means they are ready. Do not overcook the livers as they become hard (and not nice to eat!)
- If the liver is soft and ready, you can turn off the heat and add the rest of the marjoram and season with salt (do not add salt before this stage) and serve with a little parsley garnish.
These livers are delicious simply served with fresh white bread. Why not try adding fresh mushrooms too to bulk this meal out. The texture goes really well with the liver.