We’ve come across this amazing BBC Good Food recipe for a delicious Chicken Satay Salad and it’s a new favourite. It’s fairly simple but delicious and is high in protein. Have a go at it! This recipe is for 2, but you can easily double up to serve more, but remember our chicken breasts are huge!
Cook:5 mins – 10 mins
plus at 1 hr of marinating
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 2 Beech Ridge Farm chicken breast fillets (remove the skin)
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (choose a sugar-free version with no palm oil, if possible)
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- sunflower oil, for wiping the pan
- 2 Little Gem lettuce hearts, cut into wedges
- ¼ cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 banana shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- coriander, chopped
- seeds from ½ pomegranate
Pour the tamari into a large dish and stir in the curry powder, cumin, garlic and honey. Mix well.
Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make 4 fillets in total, then add to the marinade and mix well to coat. Set aside in the fridge for at least 1 hr, or overnight, to allow the flavours to penetrate the chicken.
Meanwhile, mix the peanut butter with the chilli sauce, lime juice, and 1 tbsp water to make a spoonable sauce.
When ready to cook the chicken, wipe a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil. Add the chicken and cook, covered with a lid, for 5-6 mins on a medium heat, turning the fillets over for the last min, until cooked but still moist. Set aside, covered, to rest for a few mins.
While the chicken rests, toss the lettuce wedges with the cucumber, shallot, coriander and pomegranate, and pile onto plates. Spoon over a little sauce. Slice the chicken, pile on top of the salad and spoon over the remaining sauce. Eat while the chicken is still warm.
Thank you for a very delicious recipe BBCGoodFood.com