We’ve come across this amazing honey roast duck recipe. We don’t often think of cooking duck for Easter, but this is so delicious we just had to share. It’s very simple but makes a great roast. It’s lovely served with traditional Sunday veg too. Simples!
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 1 hr 20 mins
Resting time: 10 mins
Total: 1 hr 35 mins
1.3 kg (3 lb) Beech Ridge Free Range whole duck
2 tablespoon honey
2 sprig thyme – whole
2 sprig thyme – leaves only
Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/430°F/Gas 7.
- Cut the orange in half, squeeze a little juice inside the duck, then place the two halves of the orange and the sprigs of whole thyme into the bird’s cavity. Season all over with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the duck in a roasting tin and put in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes or until the skin begins to crisp, then reduce the heat to 190°C/370°F/Gas 5.
- Cook for a further 40 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoon Honey over the duck and sprinkle over the leaves of the 2 sprigs of thyme and put back in the oven.
- Baste regularly and check the temperature. When the internal temperature reaches 74° the duck is cooked (this should take around a further 20 minutes).
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let it rest, uncovered, for 10 minutes before serving.
This fantastic, but also simple recipe is from hungryhealthyhappy.com/honey-roast-duck/