Perfect for the barbecue or on a griddle pan, our lamb koftas are easy to make and taste delicious.
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp chopped mint
oil for brushing
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well with your hands, squeezing the flavours into the mince until well blended.
- Divide into 8 balls and roll on a board with create oval shaped koftas.
- Thread onto 4 skewers and brush with oil (if you are using wooden skewers remember to soak them in water for a min of 30 mins before hand to help avoid them burning).
- If using a griddle pan, ensure the pan is piping hot (so that you can feel a good heat rising from the pan) and cook for 3-4 mins each side. Don’t turn until they are well sealed or the meat will stick to the grill pan. These koftas are perfect for the BBQ too.
- Serve with minted yogurt and flat breads.
4 sprigs of fresh mint
¼ clove of garlic
200 g natural yoghurt
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Finely chop the mint leaves and add to a medium sized mixing bowl.
Finely grate the zest of half a lemon into the bowl and squeeze the juice in too (avoiding any pips!)
Peel and finely grate the garlic to the lemon and mint mixture.
Add the yoghurt and a little pinch of salt and pepper. Stir together.
Voila! the perfect accompaniment to your homemade lamb koftas.