With the summer holidays here, we’ve devised a super quick and easy chicken fajita kebab skewer recipe that’s ideal for the barbecue.
- 4 boneless Beech Ridge chicken breasts skin removed, cut into large dice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or sunflower oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime (plus additional for serving)
- 1 packet of Fajita seasoning mix
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- Handful of coriander (for serving)
- Salsa, sour cream (or plain Greek yoghurt) and guacamole
You will also need wooden or metal skewers (if you are using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for at least 20 minutes before you use them to prevent burning when cooking).
Top Tip: Mix it up with other vegetable like courgettes and button mushrooms too.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl mix together the oil and Fajita seasoning.
- Add the diced chicken, and mix to cover the chicken.
- Cut the bell peppers and onion into large chunks and thread onto skewers with the marinated chicken, alternating the chicken with the vegetables.
- Cook the kebab skewers on the barbecue until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear (approx 10-15 minutes) Turn the chicken once or twice so that it cooks evenly.
- Sprinkle the chicken fajita kebab skewers with chopped fresh coriander and serve with wedges of lime, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.